Pipe Burst Orlando
As a homeowner in Orlando, Florida, you may have to deal with pipe bursts and water damage claims in your house caused by various factors. Possible reasons include damage to pipes due to decay from rust and corrosion or bursts caused by freezing of pipes. Problems with plumbing may cause the pressure of water to increase and lead to a pipe burst. Clogged pipes can also lead to an increase in water pressure and a greater risk of a pipe burst.
So if you own a home in Orlando, you need to take steps to prevent pipe bursts, and also be aware of how to file an insurance claim if such an incident unfortunately occurs.
Whether small or large, a pipe burst can cause extensive damage to your home. A large pipe burst can mean that a significant volume of water is released in parts of your home that are intended to be dry. A small leak or pipe burst can also be dangerous as it may not be noticed for a long time and turn into a larger problem.
Typical damage due to pipe bursts
- Damage to pipes and plumbing. This is naturally the first place where damage will occur, and affected pipes will need to be repaired or replaced.
- Damage to walls. Water from a burst pipe can damage internal or external walls. In the case of interior walls, the wood or drywall could be affected. Water in exterior walls could damage the insulation or external materials.
- Electrical problems. Water in walls is likely to damage wiring and increase the risk of sparking, leading to a fire.
- Damage to flooring material. A pipe burst may damage your flooring, whether wooden or carpeted or any other material. Even a cement floor may settle or crack due to water.
- Risk of mold. When a burst pipe causes water to enter parts of your home that are meant to be dry, there is a risk that mold may grow there. Mold looks and smells bad and is also a health hazard.
- Flooding. A large pipe burst may cause flooding of your home that could lead to structural damage and loss of possessions, often irreplaceable.
If your Orlando home is damaged due to a pipe burst, your insurance provider may try to deny your claim or offer you an amount that is lower than the cost to you. As gradual water damage is usually not covered in a homeowners insurance policy, you will need to prove that the pipe burst has been sudden, unexpected, or accidental.
To process your claim correctly, and receive a settlement that covers your loss, reach out to Experienced Public Adjusters for comprehensive support with filing your pipe burst damage claim in Orlando. We will take care of the documentation and represent you in all discussions with your insurer. You pay us a portion of the settlement you receive, and we always work in your best interest only.