Experienced Public Adjusters has been approved and is a proud member of The Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters. Laws and regulations governing public insurance adjusters are among the most restrictive in the country, and in fact, these regulations are in place due to the efforts FAPIA! Moving forward, the Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (FAPIA) actively pushes for new regulations that strengthen the professionalism of the industry, and in so doing, protect the rights of insured Floridians. Other strengths of FAPIA include:
- Restoring Licensing Examination Requirements
- Adding Apprenticeship Programs
- Strengthening Conflict-of-Interest Regulations
- Requiring Continuing Education
- Lawsuit against Sawgrass Mutual Insurance for forbidding the use of Public Insurance Adjusters
- Stopping Fraud and Unlicensed Activity
In addition to fostering legislation to protect Florida consumers, currently works with the Department of Financial Services Division of Agents and Agency Services on the investigation of reported cases of the unlicensed practice of public adjusting. FAPIA members have demonstrated a zero-tolerance policy for fraud and have publicly pledged support to CFO Jeff Atwater in his ongoing work to combat insurance fraud.