How Do I File a Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Claim?

Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of HCI Group. It was established in 2007, providing service to both agents and policyholders offering competitive rates. They work through a network of agents to offer standard insurance products like homeowners, condominium, dwelling fire, and renters insurance.

They have a presence in Arkansas, California, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Texas, where insurance products and services are sold under the TypTap brand. Homeowners Choice offers Private Market Flood Insurance, an alternative to the National Flood Insurance Program and in some states, this is available through TypTap, a technology-focused company owned by them. If your home has been damaged in a flood, call us first!

How Do I File a Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Claim? Call Experienced Public Adjusters for help reporting a claim with Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance Company, Inc! 

  • Try and protect your property from further damage, but do not make any permanent repairs before their adjuster has had the opportunity to examine the losses. 
  • Separate the damaged from the undamaged property, but do not throw them away. Keep all the receipts for any temporary repairs to submit later for reimbursement. 
  • Do photograph the damage before any temporary repair is made.
  • If you need to leave your home because it has become uninhabitable, notify them immediately that you need temporary lodging elsewhere, so that expenses may be reimbursed to you.
  • Prepare an inventory of all personal belongings that have been damaged and give this to the adjuster when he visits your property.
  • If your home requires repairs, and you have a contractor in mind, share that information with your adjuster. 

Like all insurance companies, Homeowners Choice follows a business model whose main objective is to increase premiums and investment income over the payments made as claim settlements. Insurance claim adjusters work for your insurance company, not you, so their priority is to reduce your payout as much as possible. If you wish for an equitable settlement, it would be wise to hire a state licensed Public Adjuster whose sole purpose is to represent the public during an insurance settlement negotiation. A Public Adjuster will support you right from the beginning of your claims process, including gathering documentation and suggesting that experts estimate the damages until the final settlement. Engage a Public Adjuster for a minimal fee and free yourself from all anxiety.

Our objective is to ensure that your rightful claim is given to you in keeping with the coverage of your policy document. Having someone firmly by your side, who is an expert at dealing with the claims process, the paperwork involved, dealing with the insurance agencies, and any other legalities is a great relief. 

To file a Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty Insurance claim, contact Experienced Public Adjusters, today!