What does it mean to have a WRT Certification

WRT Certification (Water Restoration Technician)

What does WRT Stand for?

The Water Damage Restoration Technician certification is designed to teach a better concept of water damage, it’s effects and techniques for drying of structures. This course will give residential and commercial maintenance personnel the background to understand the procedures necessary to deal with water losses, sewer backflows, and contamination such as mold.

“ANSI/IICRC S500-2015 provides a specific set of practical standards and guidelines for water damage restoration and mitigation. It does not attempt to teach comprehensive water damage restoration procedures; rather, it provides the foundation for basic and core principles of proper restoration practices. ANSI/IICRC S500-2015 does not attempt to include exhaustive performance characteristics or standards for the manufacture or installation of structural components, contents, and materials (personal property).

ANSI/IICRC S500-2015 Standard for Professional Water Damage Restoration is a procedural standard used by most Mitigation and Remediation companies. It is based on reliable restoration research, principles, and practical experience. In addition, there has been extensive consultation and information obtained from numerous sources. These sources include, but are not necessarily limited to the scientific community, national, international, and regional trade associations serving the professional restoration industry equipment manufacturers, chemical formulators, cleaning and restoration training schools, restoration service companies, the insurance industry, allied trades persons and others with specialized and specific experience. It is subject to further revision as developments occur in technology, testing, and processing procedures.”


If you have a water loss in Orlando or Central Florida or State in The United States you should always expect to be underpaid. If you have an insurance claim with any for-profit insurance company you can expect to be underpaid or denied what is owed to you.  Make sure you have an advocate on your side from the start. A Public Adjuster is a representative licensed by the Florida Department of Financial Services to represents you against for-profit insurance companies to make sure you get a fair settlement.

Getting as many experts to document your loss from the moment the loss occurs is essential in getting you a successful claim outcome and it will help you maximize your settlement. There is never a situation with a 1st party insurance claim when we feel you do not need a Public Adjuster! They know the insurance claims process, policy language, Florida Statutes, local building codes, and permitting requirements.

We are here to provide insurance claim help for anyone that owns a home or business.

Call Experienced Public Adjusters Today For a Free Claim Review! (407) 227-1963