Public Adjuster Claim Representation – How It Works
Public adjusters are professional claims handler’s who advocate’s for the policyholder in appraising and negotiating a claimant’s insurance claim. Aside from attorneys and the broker of record, public adjusters licensed state departments of insurance are the only type of claims adjuster that can legally represent the rights of an insured during an insurance claim process. A public adjuster will be most beneficial when it is clear that the insurer will pay the claim and the only issue is the proper identification and valuation of the loss. Most public adjusters charge a percentage of the settlement. Primarily they appraise the damage, prepare an estimate and other claim documentation, read the policy of insurance to determine coverage, and negotiate with the insurance company’s claims adjuster.
- Evaluate the claim
- Determine or Verify the cause of loss
- Send the insurance company a Letter of Representation
- Look over policy coverage’s and endorsements
- Advise the client of what is available within the policy to recover
- Document all the damages
- Meet all Insurance Carrier Adjusters and Experts onsite
- Handle all communication onsite, through email, and through phone conversations.
- Prepare and estimate of the damages and submit them to the carrier
- Negotiate a Fair Settlement
- Ultimately the goal is to put them back in their home or business in pre-loss condition.
Call and Experienced Public Adjuster Today. Contact Us! (407) 212-8669