How Do I File a Claim with St. Johns Insurance?

St. Johns Insurance Company, specializing in homeowners’ insurance products and services, is owned by St. Johns Holding Company. It was established in 2003 and is headquartered in Orlando. A privately-held insurance company, St. Johns Insurance insures home and condominium owners through a network of agents located in the states of Florida and South Carolina. Their reinsurance portfolio incorporates Quota Share, Catastrophic Excess of Loss, and Property Per Risk reinsurance.

St. Johns rewards homeowners who have taken the trouble to make their homes safe – discounts are available for homes with security systems like fire and burglar alarms, and those that are fitted-out with hurricane shutters. You may also get a good deal if your home is built to new building code standards.

How Do I File a Claim with St. Johns Insurance? Contact Experienced Public Adjusters today for insurance claim help!

  • Until an adjuster responds, ensure that you protect your property from further damage.
  • Keep receipts and document everything pertaining to the loss.
  • To get compensated, you must make a list of all damaged personal property.
  • If your home becomes unfit to inhabit due to the damage, St. Johns will pay you the extra living expenses incurred by you. Make sure that you save the receipts for reimbursement.
  • In case you find that water has entered the house, the first thing to do is to turn the water off, and then contact a plumber to assist you. Their claims representative can assist you if you require to contact any other professional for the repairs.

St Johns is in this business to make a profit and their claims adjusters work towards that objective by ensuring that they limit payouts made towards claim settlements.  They may conduct only a cursory investigation without correctly identifying potential issues such as structural damage, the possibility of mold growth, roof damage or pipe leaks, etc.

Further, the insurance company may not pay you for the possessions that cannot be salvaged. During the claims process, you have to take care of all the tasks related to paperwork, documenting the proof of the damage through photographs, and maintaining a list of all the damaged and undamaged items. Also, you need to be fully aware of all the clauses of your policy document, besides contacting vendors and arranging for repairs and finally hounding your insurance company for the settlement. All this effort can make you anxious and stressed. 

Why not save yourself the trouble and hire a Public Adjuster instead? Most Public Adjusters charge a small percentage of the settlement amount as their fee. They evaluate the damage, prepare an assessment, and other claim documentation, read the insurance policy to understand the coverage and negotiate with the insurance company. Public Adjusters are legally appointed and licensed by the state department of insurance to assist the public.

At Experienced Public Adjusters, we obtain the best possible settlement for you, through discussion and intervention, or even assisting your attorney if required. All our endeavors are directed towards ensuring that you receive a settlement that is rightfully yours, in line with the coverage of your policy document.

Call Experienced Public Adjusters to manage your St. Johns Insurance claim completely!